I have never been on a cruise before. Never in my life yet. Thanks to Garfield, I managed to get my “ass” up on star cruise virgo. Although this is a cruise to nowhere (3D2N) but good enough for me to experience what is it like to be up on a cruise.
Till now I couldn’t believe that I m sitting at the balcony of the cabin typing this blog ( this blog post is posted later as there isn’t any internet connection in the cabin). In front of me is the pretty sea view – the horizon. Very very pretty if you ask me. Let me show u.
I can feel the warmth from our Mr Sun, the smell of the sea. I m finally enjoying myself without any calls, away from the crowd, just the sun and the sea and my lappy together with my LX3. is a pity that I din take Nicky with me but Lumix can still do it wonders.
Let me jot down my first trip before everything goes away. We boarded the ship at 7. dinner is a crazy thing here as u see many people queuing outside every restaurant. We walk around but still the queue is ultra super long. Decided to forgo the restaurant and headed up to the 12 flr for buffet instead. Very much like my own TDR ( Team Dinning Room – our own staff cafeteria) style. Probably in TDR, we are having “buffets” everyday. The food is normal. Better than TDR haha. After dinner, we headed back to our cabins and settle down. I took some pictures before I dive into the bed while the rest headed down to the casino to cheong.
Cruise – very interesting concept I say. Is almost like a mini IR on the sea. You have cinemas, performance, library (I am very surprise to see a library there), lounge; jogging track, spa, swimming pool …etc. you can even play table tennis here haha. There is also a small swimming pool or rather fun pool for the kids. It caters for everyone at different age group. On a cruise, there bound to be at least 1 activity for u.
The rooms - is very small. It reminds me of the rooms in the first world hotel at Genting especially the bathroom. I am very amazed that the whole ship can actually have hundreds of rooms like this. For our room (thanks to Garfield), there is a mini balcony and this is currently where I am – typing this blog of mine. There are cruises to somewhere like Penang, Langkawi and even Hongkong. Perhaps, next time we shall try it again haha. But it will be a little boring for me as I probably laze around the deck, typing blogs in MSwords so that I can blog when I m back or taking photographs or sun tanning.
the sunrise - most beautiful sun rise and horizon that i have never seen. waking up at the 6ish to catch the sun rise. so sleepy but its really worth it.
Food at the cruise is quite yummy although it looks alittle TDR style. We have buffet – Amerian / Chinese food
breakfast
for 2 different days, they served different food. =)
Day 1
Day 2
dinner buffet
Night 1
Night 2 - BBQ buffet by the pool. the food is fantastic. i love dinner by the pool. it gives me the party feeling with the music on and everyone crowded around there for dinner.
birthday celebration for Garfield - thanks to star cruise for the 200 food voucher. we had a very yummy lunch at samurai restaurant..
my first experience with slot machine.
many friends who know me will know that i am not a frequent patron for casino, especially i know nuts about gambling. this time round, i had my first try on the slot machines and i won about 250 bucks from the machine but only managed to get bk 200 bucks cos i lost 50 in the end. i also won some money from the table games. well, one lesson i learnt, never to be greedy. =) else you will end up nothing at all =P. the below note doesnt belongs to me but to someone else..haha.just took the picture of it only.my first concert with Richi Ren
dint really take any pictures as photography is not allowed during the show. He sang alot of songs which brings back alot of memories.
well, thats so far for my 3D2N cruise trip. i would say is a wonderful experience for me. many thanks to Garfield for the invitation. u made my wish come true. your best friend ,Odie. btw, the bear is not part of what i got from this trip haha.
my last few pictures before we embarked at harbour front jetty
Comments
Post a Comment