of it really pains my heart while i pen this down.

I was looking at my facebook, my blogs especially those blogs that are specially delicated to those dog rescuers, adoption sites. It really pains me alot. i saw so many dogs are being given up as their owners couldnt take care of them anymore, wanting to put them down. I also did saw alot of heart broken stories on dogs being abused, their hope on ppl to give them a new home with love, failure in home stay and returned to the shelters..this is so sad...

Read this

http://hopedogrescue.blogspot.com/ - a group of people trying to rescue dogs from pet farms, dogs being knock down by cars and trying to survive, dogs saved from being cooked alive for dinner by some weird ppl...i wonder how can someone has the heart to do these to the poor dogs? at the same time, i feel so much comfort when i see there are many people willing to help them.

http://gentlepaws2010.blogspot.com/ - a group of dog lovers trying to save the strays, arranging for homestay and getting the dogs to be adopted. There are many success stories but there are also some sad ones that the dogs are return after the so call adoption. yet, the dogs are still high on hopes. look at their eyes...they are still full of hope..it really breaks my heart while penning this down.

another one
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150874149014093.422793.566154092&type=3 - a healthy poodle who nearly put down by the owner cos the owner deem that the dog is no longer useful anymore as a companion. this is so sad. how can a life be so worthless? A dog life is not a life? hello...they too deserved to live ok?

another one
https://www.facebook.com/siew.t.w - this guy, a dog lover who actually post all the sad stories of the dog plight on the facebook, encouraging people to take the dogs in. the stories really make a very deep impression of people who abandon the dogs and also the people trying their best to save the dogs.

another one
https://www.facebook.com/SavePunggolStrays - a community that is set up to save the punggol strays.

another one
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151015103412275&set=a.433280507274.224533.749042274&type=1 - this appeals for a dog lover to help this poor dog who has been abandon before and going to be soon. it is kind of sad as the current owner cannot really do anything for this poor husky. i wish i can do something but i m bounded by the HDB + AVA rules..so..if any kind ppl out there, please try to help this poor husky..i am sure she will make a gd companion. and PLEASE...do make yourself as the last owner..do not abandon her again. I can see from her eyes, she still have hope...

i too have a story to tell. nt sure if i said this before. I adopted Ronnie many years back. At that point of time, i wanted to buy a puppy..i even went to the owner's place to view the puppy. so tempted to buy back but it was disapproved by my mum. so anyway, it happen that Hazyham, my BFF. Her bro's friend 's friend has a dog for adoption. at that time, Ronnie is only 7 mths..close to a yr old and he has been rehomed for 6th time. the owner had to give him up as she is giving birth soon and couldnt handle 2 dogs at the same time. after hearing the story, i went down with Hazyham to view Ronnie.
when i first see him, he came to me. My heart feel so connected to him. i know he is mine and i will not give him up no matter what happen. so i told my mum on the adoption and surprisingly she agreed. So i make arrangements for Ronnie to come to my house on 2004 Aug 9th which is a national day.
Ronnie stay with me peacefully for almost 5 yrs until one day, AVA came knocking to my door and tell me that i m not allow to keep Ronnie as someone complain that we are keeping big dogs. and i m supposed to pay a composite fine of 500 bucks for keeping unapproved dog in the house.
that day, the whole world came crushing down on me. I just cant believe it! how can i give up ronnie like this? I cried very hard. I called all my friends, the dog shelters..many adviced me to house him somewhere and bring him back only when the AVA checks is gone. But deep down my heart, i know this is not a long term solution and i cant be hiding from them all the time. On top of that, i cannot leave Ronnie at all..not even a single day. I was really devastated.
I called up the authorities. they just push me from one to another telling me is not their problem. from AVA to HDB,from HDB to AVA. none of them is willing to help me at all. Finally, i have no choice but i wrote an email to our MP that time Dr Vivian. telling him of my situation. I mention that no one can help me and i really want to keep my dog and dont want my dog to go tru the same rehome session at all. i sent Ronnie for obedience classes , he came out first in class ( so proud of him). I brought him to the vet ( Namly clinic) and took his measurement of size to show that he is a small size cocker that is even smaller than those toy breed dogs.together with all the documents, i went to the MPS to see Dr Vivian. He is a very helpful MP that wrote letters to both AVA and HDB to appeal on this case. Finally, Ronnie got a special license to stay in HDB. i am soo happy and grateful to Dr Vivian.
until now, it has been about 8 yrs Ronnie has been with me and until now. He is considered as a senior dog and of cos there are some health problems now but i dont give up. no matter what happen, i will never give him up after going tru so much with me. i do agree that dog medical bills are very high but it doesnt mean that they dont deserve to live and need to be put down right? as long as there is a chance of recovering, he or she shouldnt be deprived of the chance.
Seriously, i really find that there are people who claim to be dog lovers do not understand what is the meaning of love. Not saying that i do. but to me, Dog lover are those who will stay with the dog until the end and no matter what happen, nothing is going to make them give up on their dogs. I believe that us, humans is all what a dog have. To us, they may not be our everything. but to them, we are their everything.


Comments

  1. "He is considered as a senior dog and of cos there are some health problems now but i dont give up. no matter what happen, i will never give him up after going tru so much with me."

    this lines are very touching.... Most usually do is after a considerble age they do throw dogs in the street...
    You deserve appeciations..
    your blog is very awsome.. keep blogging..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment