Of my first Nikon servicing trip

Ok. I m typing this offline post @ Nikon service centre. Discovered a major dust particle in nikey this morning. Decided to bring it for some cleaning since I m on leave today. It seems abit quiet around here. And is a gd thing haha..cos it means Nikon have less problems =P. too bad. I dun think they allow picture takes here.

Anyway , WOW ! I saw a lot of cameras on display which tempted me in upgrading my dslr to a higher end one but I think probably I will need to put it on hold cos I cant decided whether to get a second or first hand. Of cos first hand will be better. But cameras I think deprecates like cars..haha..so which means I also abit regretted getting wofy first hand.cos with the price I paid for wofy I can get a second hand Mercedes compressor with a sun roof..haha..

Ya…Mercedes high maintenance leh..haha.anyway it is just a dream to own one leh…buying a car is easy but maintaining it is really tough. It is just like owning a dslr…buying the body is reasonable price but the lens, it just keep getting more n more..now including my original d50 kit lens, I have 4 lens. Not much lens to compare with the profs but still consider a lot haha..cos mostly I only use my 18-135mm and 50mm..I dun even touch my 70-300mm..as u can see my lens range covers from 18-300mm already haha..but ppl is beri greedy one..I hope I can own a fish eye lens haha…

D700 is beri tempting..d300 too…shit…please get them out of my mind please…nikey is still in tip top condition and there is no reason for me to upgrade unless.. X reason…

Back to Nikon service centre. The total process was told took about 20 minutes and cost 21++ bucks. Probably will send it for some cleansing each time I come bk from any trips to keep it in healthy state. Anyway, this is the second Nikon I own and so far Nikon gives me zero problem leh.

Well, I m still thinking if I should go test it out when nikey finish “bathing”…marina barrage? Horton park? Hmm…


**** updates ****
Bought a digi cabi dry cabinet 168 50L…

Some pictures taken after cleaning ( there are some stains suspected to be fungus =?) so they din charge for servicing…T-T which means I hav to target to buy a new camera?





Comments