[Personal] Going back to work

Visit my website @ http://shirleylye12.wix.com/princessmic

Time flies.  I am back to work on 30th August and now is already end of my first week at work after my maternity leave. I miss miss my son so much.

So whats the major change between back to work and enjoying my maternity leave?
I developed separation anxiety! haha. My work load has yet pile up (slowly) and i do hope i can slowly adjust my life to a mother as well as a IT professional. juggling between work and motherhood isnt easy! so really "pei fu" those who can do that and "jia you" to those who are like me.

So i briefly share the changes in my life now. before i return to work , i have been sleeping with Z at night so usually i will direct latch him when he is hungry in the middle of the night. So nothing has change on that. the only change is that after latching in the morning, i will try to pump out the remaining BM so that my boobs can be empty and last all the way until 1130am where i will pump in the nursing room provided in the office. Usually i will pump for 30 mins before i call it an end and store it in our fridge in the pantry.

Yes, i kinda feel weird going to another floor level to use their nursing room as i do not have one at my floor level with my pumping barang and then get out of the place with bottle of milk in my hand. lol but for my son, i will persevere!

for lunch , i usually will try to eat as healthy as possible and drink as much as possible to generate more milk for my boy so that my supply can meet close to his demand la. then continue to do my work until end of the day. I will try to leave on the dot as i need to pick Hubs up. while waiting for him to knock off, i will pump as well. so i will sterilized my bottles with boiling water before i leave the office. i guess has to make do it unless i bring the whole sterilizer and put in my office.

So once hubs knock off, he will be the driver while i be the cow milking at the background until we reach home. so i get to pump 2 times a day while i am at work. Did a quick dinner and then bathe and spend some time with him before i nurse him to sleep and the next day starts..

so here it goes for my "back to work" life. I am quite sad as i missed some of his milestones like he first sitting in the bubble chair =(. so i am more adamant to make my weekend more well spend with him!

here are some of his photos so far






he is so fun now. i cant wait to go home and kiss him n hug him..i miss him so much ...

Comments